Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cake Fun...

I started decorating cakes a few years ago. My good friend, Amber also decorates cakes so it's nice to be able to borrow whatever when you need it. This past weekend was my friend Kim's little girl Ali's 4th birthday party. She wanted a Penguin cake so Kim asked me to bake one. I didn't have a penguin pan so I made it out of a snowman. Her birthday is on St. Patty's day so I had to add a shamrock on top of the hat. I really enjoy making and decorating cakes. Here are a few more cakes that I've made in the past.





Alonna's birthday cakes


My Dad's a hug Tony Stewart fan!

My boss's birthday cake

11 comments:

Amber said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!!!

Tracy said...

WOW!!! I am impressed!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jennie Thompson said...

I wish I had the patience to do that.

Andrea said...

It's been a long time since I've decorated ones for my kids. I am definitely starting that up again this year!! I've missed it but I've been too darn busy with school! I've made Winnie-the-Pooh, mini Winnie-the-Pooh's, Scooby Doo (twice), Blue's pawprint from Blue's Clues, Magenta from Blue's Blues, Elmo, Reptar from Rugrats, Thomas the train, and Barbie (twice). That's all I can think of right now. I'll have to dig for the photos, scan them and post them to my blog so watch for them! (Didn't have digital back then!)

Home Seller said...

wow, those are awesome! I would love to try making a cute cake. I attempted to make shamrock cupcakes, they tasted good, just didn't look like the ones in the picture ;-) so I am not posting! Where do you get all your ideas for what to make? those are awesome! You and Amber should open a bakery - do you watch "What About Brian" - you guys could open one just like those 2 friends. ;-)

Anonymous said...

you and amber are so good at making cakes They are adorable.

Kerrie said...

Those are great, Julie! Claire is sitting in my lap saying Dooby Doo! :)

Kristie said...

So can you make a graduation cake???????????

Anonymous said...

Allison loved her cake!! Thank you again Julie for making it! It was very tasty and decorated soooo cute!

Lori said...

You are so talented! Great looking cakes!

Unknown said...

You are so creative. I know who I will call when I need a cake made!! They look wonderful!!!