I wanted to dedicate this post to my wonderful and loving Mother. My mom has given me so much love and support that every child deserves. My mom and I are so close, we talk everynight on the phone. Nick thinks were nuts, but that is something mom and I have done for a long time and I wouldn't want it any other way. And, my day just isn't the same when we don't talk. She is such a wonderfu Grandma to our daughter as well. As you can see, we are blessed in so many ways. I found this poem and wanted to dedicate it to my mom. Thanks for being such a wonderful mother and I love you with all my heart! I hope everyone has a blessed Mother's Day and can spend it with your loved ones.
MORE THAN A MOTHER
When God set the world in place,when He hung the stars up in space,
When God set the world in place,when He hung the stars up in space,
when He made the land and the sea,then He made you and me.
He sat back and saw all that was good,He saw things to be as they should.
Just one more blessing He had in store;He created a mother, but whatever for?
He knew a mother would have a special place to shine His reflection on her
child's face.A mother will walk the extra mile just to see her children smile.
She'll work her fingers to the bone to make a house into a home.
A mother is there to teach and guide,a mother will stay right by your side.
She'll be there through your pain and strife,she'll stay constant in your life.
A mother will lend a helping hand until you have the strength to stand.
She'll pick you up when you are down,when you need a friend she'll stick around.
A mother is one who listens well,will keep her word; will never tell.A mother never
pokes or pries but stands quietly by your side,giving you the strength you need,encouraging you to succeed. A mother is one who can be strong when you need someone to lean on.
You're more than a mother to me;a reflection of Him in your face I see,a love that knows no boundaries.I'm glad that you chose to be all this and more to me.
He sat back and saw all that was good,He saw things to be as they should.
Just one more blessing He had in store;He created a mother, but whatever for?
He knew a mother would have a special place to shine His reflection on her
child's face.A mother will walk the extra mile just to see her children smile.
She'll work her fingers to the bone to make a house into a home.
A mother is there to teach and guide,a mother will stay right by your side.
She'll be there through your pain and strife,she'll stay constant in your life.
A mother will lend a helping hand until you have the strength to stand.
She'll pick you up when you are down,when you need a friend she'll stick around.
A mother is one who listens well,will keep her word; will never tell.A mother never
pokes or pries but stands quietly by your side,giving you the strength you need,encouraging you to succeed. A mother is one who can be strong when you need someone to lean on.
You're more than a mother to me;a reflection of Him in your face I see,a love that knows no boundaries.I'm glad that you chose to be all this and more to me.
You share a love that knows no end,you're more than my mother,you are my friend.
8 comments:
Julie~ This is wonderful it brought tears to my eyes. It brings thoughts of my own mother and mother in law to mind. I feel so blessed to have 2 moms that mean the world to me!!! Have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day Julie!!!
Thanks Tee-Tee! Did Alonna bring you her card? I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Yes I did get my card it was wonderful!!! I told Allan I would love to just have a quiet relaxing day preparing myself for next weeks festivities!!!!
Beautiful poem. And it's beautiful you have such a close relationship with your mom as well.
Happy Mother's Day.
Your mom does rock!!! Happy Mother's Day Marlys and Julie!
That is a beautiful poem.
Happy Mothers Day!
That was a great dedication to your mom!!! Soooo beautiful!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day, Julie! I am sure you enjoyed your day with little Alonna (oh, and Sammy)!
Post a Comment