This last weekend, I ran in my first 5K race for SDSU Hobo Days. A few friends and I decided to sign up and run in it. My girlfriend talked me into running in it about a month ago. Ya...so I only had a month to train. When I was driving up to Brookings on Saturday morning, I thought I was seriously nuts. But, overall it went a lot better than I thought it would. It was actually really fun and am excited to run in it next year. I ran it under 30 minutes which made me really happy and that I could finish it without stopping. So, I'm pretty proud of myself today. Here we are after the race celebrating with a Bloody Mary!


Monday, October 30, 2006
Yeah...I DID IT!
Posted by Julie at Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Julie~ I am so proud of you this is quite an accomplishment!!!! Good for you for not giving up!!!!
Just think next year you will have mroe than a month to train!!!
Thanks Kristie! You made my day!
Next year, I'll be waiting for you at the end of the race with a beer!!
WOW, that is so awsome! Good for you!
Post a Comment